1. Express Translations is located at ul. Fundamentowa 53 Suite No. 12, 04-057 Warsaw, Poland.
2. Express Translations offers translation services: standard and certified, and interpreting services: conference (consecutive) translation and simultaneous interpreting, reliably and carefully, ensuring full professionalism.
3. Express Translations also provides other types of translation services, such as: certification or verification of texts, including proofreading.
4. Express Translations undertakes to prepare the translation project in line with the terms of order accepted by Express Translations and the Customer, encompassing the agreed deadline, terms of payment, format of source file and type of translation.
Cooperation Initiation Terms
1. Prior to processing an order, the Customer signs and sends confirmation of an order via e-mail, which specifies all terms pertaining to the order. The aforementioned confirmation of an order may also be signed personally by the Customer in the registered office of Express Translations.
2. Order performance starts on the date of delivery of the signed order confirmation.
3. Express Translations accepts orders from Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00. p.m. If an order for translation was filed after the business hours, the start of order performance is the day following the day of delivery of such documents from 8.00 a.m. If documents are submitted on a day free from work, the start of order performance is the first business day following such free day.
4. In special cases, Express Translations has a right to process an order upon other terms than specified above. The above refers to situations determined individually between Express Translations and the Customer.
1. The settlement unit is a translation page.
a) for standard translation, it amounts to 1,600 characters with spaces;
b) for certified translation, it amounts to 1,125 characters with spaces according to the principles specified in a relevant regulation of the Minister of Justice.
2. The basis for settlements with the Customer is the number of pages in the completed translation project. The number of pages of a standard translation project is calculated with accuracy to the first decimal place, whereas the number of pages of a certified translation project is rounded up to the full page (always up).
3. Calculation of the number of translation pages:
a) MS Word: with the use of the “Word count” function;
b) MS Excel and PowerPoint: the content is transferred and calculated in MS Word;
c) other formats: according to individual determinations;
d) certified translation: according to the principles specified in a relevant regulation of the Minister of Justice.
4. Certified translations are prepared on the basis of copies of documents or presented originals of documents.
5. The price of a translation project does not include preparation of text for publication, which requires additional correction.
6. If the Customer suspends a translation project during its performance, the Customer is liable for paying the remuneration for the actually performed work and returning other costs incurred by Express Translations in relation to preparation for provision of services that were ordered.
7. In case of particularly demanding translation projects which require specific industry knowledge, it is recommended that the Customer furnishes Express Translations with a source for industry jargon and allows for consultations with the company representative.
1. The interpreter’s work time is calculated from the time at which services of such interpreter were requested until the time at which the interpreter was released from work, and it includes all potential breaks in interpreting (e.g. breaks for meals, breaks in the meeting, time of travel of the interpreter with the Customer).
2. The settlement unit of interpreting are 4 hours of the interpreter’s work (the so-called block).
3. Every commenced block is settled as a whole (a 4-hour block).
4. The fact of not using the services of a commissioned interpreter does not release the Customer from the obligation of incurring full costs of hiring the interpreter.
5. In case the Customer cancels the interpreting on the day of service performance or on the day preceding service performance, the Customer is required to settle the entire amount of remuneration.
6. In case of interpreting combined with a trip, the Customer is responsible for organising the trip for the interpreter and bears the costs of transfer, accommodation and board at the location.
7. In case of departure or return on a day other than the day of interpreting, Express Translations reserves the right to charge a fee for the time that the interpreter spends travelling.
8. The remuneration for the work of an interpreter on days free from work or at night (from 10.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m.) is a double standard rate for interpreting, and on Saturdays it is additionally increased by 50% of the interpreting rate.
9. Customers using the services of Express Translations are liable for not contacting the interpreters of Express Translations working for the Customers without the agency of Express Translations.
Liability and Copyright
1. Express Translations is not liable for incorrect or illegible original text delivered by the Customer and thus for substantive errors in the translation.
2. Express Translations is not liable for improper quality and late performance of services, breaks or delays in service provision resulting from causes outside of its control, such as the operation of force majeure, technical problems (failures of computer equipment, failures of Internet and telephone connections, breaks in electricity supply, delays caused by courier companies, destruction of documents by post, etc.).
3. Liability for damages does not include errors in translations prepared in the super-express mode. The Customer ordering a translation project in a super-express mode accepts the risk of errors in the translation. Nevertheless, Express Translations is liable for immediate removal of any potential errors in the translation.
4. Proprietary copyright to the prepared translation project is transferred to the Customer directly after settlement of the full amount due on the basis of an invoice issued by Express Translations.
1. With the exception of publicly available materials (press and Internet publications, generally available legal acts, etc.), all documents and auxiliary materials entrusted by the Customer and the content of meetings interpreted by interpreters are treated as confidential and are not going to be made available to third parties in any manner.
2. At the Customer’s request, Express Translations may deliver a separate document which constitutes liability for confidentiality.
1. After performance of an order, Express Translations issues an invoice for the Customer, which is to be paid within 7 days from its issue. Payment is made with the use of a bank transfer to the bank account specified on the invoice, or settled personally in the registered office of Express Translations in case of cash payment.
2. A longer payment deadline is possible with respect to signing a collaboration agreement and/ or in case of individual determinations.
3. In certain cases, in particular with respect to high-volume translation orders, Express Translations reserves the right to collect an advance payment in the form of a pre-payment prior to the commencement of translation work.
4. The total net price for processing an order is calculated by multiplying the number of translated pages by the translation rate per translation page. The net price is increased by VAT. The Customer pays the price which is determined as the gross amount to be paid.
5. Prior to the commencement of order performance, estimation of the text for translation is possible; however, it is only an estimate and the price for the order is an approximate price, as the exact number of pages is calculated after completion of the translation work, in the target language. The estimation of the price does not constitute a basis for any claims on the Customer’s part, if the number of pages after translation of a text differs from the number specified in the estimate.
6. In case of orders sent electronically, the Customer shall confirm receipt of the translation project via e-mail or telephone within 48 hours. In case of lack of such confirmation, the order is considered delivered and the Customer has no bases for complaints on account of late delivery of the translation. Express Translations shall not be liable in case of any delays in delivery of a completed translation project due to causes not attributable to Express Translations
1. The Customer has a right to complain about translation projects which, according to the Customer, contain errors. Complaints are to be filed in written form, with specification of the elements to which the complaint refers, within 7 business days from the date of preparation of the translation by Express Translations.
2. In case of occurrence of errors indicated by the Customer, Express Translations is liable for removing them. The deadline for removal of errors depends on the volume of text and its nature, as well as the quantity of indicated and justified errors. It is agreed individually for every order.
3. The Customer is entitled to receive a discount in relation to the occurrence of such errors. The discount is agreed individually for every order.
4. Express Translations does not accept complaints pertaining to translation projects delivered in the express and super-express mode.
1. These Rules and Regulations are binding for the Customer as of the date of filing an order.
2. In special cases, Express Translations may apply other principles of collaboration than specified in these Rules and Regulations.
3. Commonly applicable legal provisions govern issues not included in these Rules and Regulations.
4. Any disputes between the parties are settled by a competent court in Warsaw.